Friday, November 16, 2012

Shopped til we Dropped!

Today was another day for rest! Well...restful shopping that is. :) We slept in to a wonderful 10:45am immediately headed for the coffee and then to Downtown Disney! That place might as well be another theme park! There was so much to see and do, (and buy!). The first stop we made was for brunch at a Wolfgang Puck restaurant. It was delicious and in a great place to people watch! You know, I think I've seen more kids walking around this place trying to read maps than parents!

After brunch, we decided to hit all the shops we could find! We did a little Christmas shopping...so y'all should just be prepared to receive something from Disney World! We want to spread the HAPPINESS! That's also why there are no pictures of this part...I don't want to give anything away yet!

Chris also bought me an anniversary present! This ring is such a precious gift for me! We got to choose the oyster that the pearl came out of and also the setting in which it sits. Isn't it beautiful?! On either side of the pearl are plumeria flowers. The five petals on plumeria represent sincerity, faith, devotion, aspiration and surrender. Chris was so sweet to give me this ring to remember our 5th anniversary. I love him sooooo much! A few cigars and a round of golf don't even hold a candle to this gift!



After shopping, we came back to the resort to drop our packages and head back out. We stopped by the front desk to refill our coffee mugs and then aimed our car for the other mini golf place. This one was themed to Christmas in July. We played 36 holes and had a great time! I liked this one waaaayyy better than the one we went to earlier this week. I even came in under par for each set of 18 that we played!

After putt putt, we headed back to Epcot for our dinner reservation. Did you know that the letters in EPCOT stand for Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow? It was Walt Disney's foundational idea for the new project of Disney World when it started. Such a cool place. Our dinner reservation was for Teppan Edo in Epcot's Japan. It was a hibachi style restaurant where we once again racked up a huge bill that we didn't have to fork over a cent for at the time of the meal. Just to be clear, I am well aware that we paid for these meals when we booked the trip, but I'm not convinced that we aren't getting the better end of the fiscal deal. :)


This was our chef! We had steak and chicken and it was mouthwatering. We finished it off with delicious swirl ice cream. Before we left the park for the resort, we stopped by the gift shop after the Turtle Talk with Crush attraction to pick up a coffee mug I'd seen there earlier this week. It's covered in the seagulls from Finding Nemo and says "Mine, Mine, Mine" all over it. :) exactly how I feel about my coffee. :)

Today was very special for us because it is our actual anniversary. Today exactly 5 years ago, I promised my best friend that I would love him forever. So far so good, and it's not even hard. I'm so thankful for a man like him. I hope all girls get to have a husband like mine. He helps me believe so strongly that marriage can be amazing and such a treasure. I hope we get to celebrate many more years together. Maybe someday we will have a family and be able to show them how a man should love a woman and how a woman should love a man. More importantly, how a man and a woman should lean into God and all He has for marriage.

We check out tomorrow and start the long drive home after one more visit to The Magic Kingdom. Prayers for safe travelling are greatly appreciated! It has been an unforgettable vacation for us and we are so thankful you decided to read along. I may do one more blog post when we get home, but we'll have to wait and see. Two Madigans, OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment