Tuesday, November 6, 2012

It just got serious....


Oh yeah! Got the Minnie Mouse case on my phone, Mickey and Minnie on my sweatshirt and the vacation laundry rolling! I can't believe that we are just a mere 2 days away from jumping in the car and heading east! I have to remind myself to slow down and not to rush each day. Chris' birthday is on Thursday and that is a much more important day to me than the trip to Disney World. :)

On our way to Florida, Chris and I have decided to leave a little earlier on Friday to be able to stop off in New Orleans. I think there might be a few restaurants/coffee shops to check out, but we also found a swamp tour that we fully intend to be on!! :) We are definitely "that couple" that watches the Discovery Channel and A&E for Swamp People, Call of the Wildman and Duck Dynasty. We must be fascinated because we tune in every week! Really looking forward to spotting some gators and exploring the swamp (with a guide).

I've been reading more about Disney World and about the places we should go and shouldn't go. The important lines and the not so important lines. It's all so interesting. I'm wondering though if I should pull the reins on all the book stuff. I'm almost getting to the point where I know too much. Is that possible? I think I might be spoiling some of the magic of our first trip. I'm hopeful that this won't be our last trip to the "Happiest Place on Earth" so some things we will explore on our own. :)

I don't know who might be reading this blog, but I want to pose a question. Have you been to Disney World? What was your favorite part? What is a must see and what was skip-it? I'd love to have your input!

I'll close here and hopefully leave you with the same excitement that I have. My Minnie ears are out and ready to go. My Snow White t-shirt is clean and folded. The cooler is ready to be filled with snacks for the drive out there. 2 kids trapped in grown-up bodies anticipating rest, relaxation and rejuvenation. TwoMadigans, OUT!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for the two of you and hope this adventure is everything you are dreaming it will be!! Keep up the posts so we can all enjoy WDW vicariously through the two of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your blog. You guys are so cute! Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete