Thursday, October 25, 2012

And so it begins....

Wowwww....So this is blogging, huh? Seems pretty easy so far. I decided to start this blog so that I could document our upcoming trip to Disney World! My best friend told me that she wanted to know every detail of the trip and I think this will be a neat way for Chris and I to remember everything too.


I guess "normal" folks would say that we are 17 days away from D(W)-Day. These two Madigans have a little different logic. I say that since today is half over, it doesn't count and also the day we get there shouldn't count because even if we get there at 11:30pm, D(W)-Day has technically arrived. So you see, I've shaved a massive 2 days off and now I only have to wait 15 to jump on the fun train! (that's right, I said 'fun train'...and I meant it!)

Since booking our Disney Your Way vacation, we have received little bits and pieces of information regarding our trip from the Disney Cast Members. They are such teases! A letter here, a small booklet there...for MONTHS! Still, Chris and I drop everything to go over every microscopic detail of each page together. The latest little booklet they sent us included our very own luggage tags! You would have thought they sent us gold bars the way I squealed. :)

We also started making our dinner reservations! We got a great dining package through Disney that gives us one quick-service meal, one sit-down meal and one snack per person per day. So that just leaves one meal every day that we have to fend for ourselves. The sit-down meals can be at any restaurant in any park or resort area. Some of the fancier restaurants and dinner shows would require more than one of our allotted credits, but overall it's a great set up. We made a reservation at the 50's Prime Time Cafe which looks adorable! There are old school TV's at each table playing 1950's re-runs and the staff are supposedly loads of fun. We looked at The Brown Derby because is came recommended in the Disney World morsels that they have sent us, but we couldn't pronounce a lot of things on the menu and I think I heard someone say once that you shouldn't eat what you can't say.

Our room at the Disney's Art of Animation Resort was the least expensive room we could find. Much to Chris' demise, it just so happens to be the Little Mermaid room! There are starfish everywhere! Ariel is singing and dancing faithfully on the shower curtain. The headboard to the bed is made to look like a giant seashell!  I'm in Disney heaven and so lucky that Chris will put up with it for 8 days straight!

I'm really not sure how long blog posts are supposed to be and since I'm almost positive I could write a dissertation before we even get there, I'll spare you here. More to come. I hope you all will enjoy reading this as much as we will enjoy experiencing it! TwoMadigans, OUT!

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love this!! Can't wait to watch the events unfold!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the best parts of blogging- COMMENTS! Isn't a delight to find out who is reading along?! Well, I have never been to Disney World. I have never worn Mickey Mouse ears and I think couples getting away together is a major deposit in the love bank! So I think this is way cool! I also happen to think that you are a beautiful person and someone that I wanted to get to know more before God moved us to a new season and place. Share freely, don't worry about the length or updates and always remember that you can edit the typos out if you said something that you wished you hadn't about aunt Hildie. Most of the time, you can edit them before aunt Hildie boots up her computer for the day. Just write and enjoy sharing because WE WILL ENJOY READING! I am not a huge disney fan, but your excitement makes me excited. I think you are a neat person and I am happy to ride the coattails of your descriptions. Perhaps I will get to know your more after all :)

    ReplyDelete